Dedicated to breast rejuvenation and enhancement
Loss of breast volume and sag is unavoidable with pregnancy, age, and/or genetics. Sadly, women who consult with us regarding breast lift somehow feel they are abnormal. They are almost ashamed that their breasts have not remained perky despite pregnancy, weight loss, age, or simply having large breasts. There is nothing to be ashamed about. The reality is – no one escapes breast sag and/or deflation.
Unfortunately, breast appearance has a tremendous impact not only on how we look but, also how we feel and carry ourselves. The vast majority of women notice these unwanted changes in their breasts far sooner than their mind is ready to accept. Even the most confident women feel a sense of loss even if they don’t realize it. There is disconnect. They are not ready to have breasts that look older than they feel.
The question becomes “what should I do about it?” For various reasons, many will choose to let aging take its coarse. Others will hat is the best . This includes men!The need for a breast lift is really not a question of “will I need a breast lift”, but rather “when will I need a breast lift.” And when the time comes, the next question is “do I really want to Certainly, everyone will not feel the need for breast lift – particularly older men, but skin stretching and sagging is . The rare exceptions are women with very little breast tissue that have almost nothing to sag in first place. routinely consult with us thinking their breasts are abnormal.They Breast-Lift is dedicated to returning mothers’ breasts and bodies to their pre-pregnancy appearance – often even better. Breast lifting particularly with implants is commonly referred to as the most complex cosmetic plastic surgery procedure. For this reason, over a decade ago, Dr. Cruise decided to specialize in breast surgery. The only way to mast Our vast experience and dedication to breast lifting with or without implants has earned us the reputation of providing mothers with quality results while utilizing the highest safety standards. The purpose of LA Breast-Lift is to make each mother feel more beautiful after pregnancy than she did before; so that she can have her beautiful children and a beautiful body.
By specializing in breast lifts, LA Breast-Lift, has developed state of the art surgical techniques, knowledgeable staff and advanced patient care that elevate the entire breast lift experience to a higher level. The entire process is comfortable and professional all within a beautiful, relaxing environment. Please enjoy reading the information. The detail and extensive images/video clips are included to educate and highlight the choices you have regarding how your breasts look. Deciding to have a breast lift is a big decision. The more information you have the more likely you are to achieve your desired look. Actual patient discusses her breast lift experience. Emphasizing our specialization, great staff, meticulousness, great surgical results consistent as the “go to place” to go for breast lift.
VIDEO 1: Breast Lift Specialist Dr. Cruise
Aesthetic and health benefits of breast lift/augmentation
Saggy or deflated breasts occur for many reasons; pregnancy, genetics, aging, weight loss, etc. Regardless the reason, it often causes significant physical and psychological concerns that go beyond just having saggy or small breasts. Sadly, most of our patients feel like their breasts are the exception. Which each and every reader needs to understand is that everyone, even models, have asymmetries. Breasts are sisters; they are never twins. However, saggy breasts may consciously or unconsciously have a significant psychological affect; making you feel older and less attractive. From the emptiness of the upper chest to the looseness of the lower breasts, breast sag may make you feel maternal rather than sexy. Without realizing it, the desire to dress sexy fades. Sexuality often fades as well. Just buying clothes becomes difficult and no longer enjoyable. Going bra-less is completely out of the question. Physical benefits of Breast-Lift
- Improved body proportion. Breasts are fuller and perkier, waist appears slimmer, abdomen appears longer and sexier and buttock appears curvier.
- Improved cleavage and upper breast fullness. Low cut dresses become flattering. Going bra-less becomes a reality.
- Enlarged, downward facing nipples now are smaller and face forward.
- Clothes shopping becomes fun. Old blouses that were previously unwearable look better than ever.
- Significant reduction in the risk of breast cancer.
Multiple motivating video clips highlighting the above physical benefits and any additional physical attibutes that are great clips.
VIDEO 2: Physical Benefits of Breast Lift
Psychological benefits of Breast-Lift Improved mood. Deflated, saggy breasts deflate ones mood as well. Regaining perky, youthful breasts can improves ones mood and outlook. Improved self confidence. Feeling sexier and confident gives you positive energy which people notice. You move with more poise. Increased sexuality. Looking sexy makes you feel sexy.
Multiple video clips highlighting the above psychological benefits and any additional physical attibutes that are great clips.
VIDEO 3: Psychological Benefits of Breast Lift
Advantages of specializing in breast lifts and breast augmentations – Predictable Results The good news, however, is that a well performed breast lift restores youthfulness. In fact, it is common for women to like their breasts more after breast lift/augmentation than they ever did. Specializing in breast lifts with or without implants has helped us develop techniques to overcome many of the concerns associated with traditional breast lifts. These include poor scarring, bottoming out, wide cleavage, rippling, significant asymmetries, persistent sagging, etc. These techniques allow more control over various aspects of your results than you may have thought. Admittedly, this site contains more information than many readers prefer. Information is important to understand how different techniques achieve different results. To highlight the information, we begin with a summary outlining the important differences. This is essential because the entire concept of Breast Lift/Augmentation/Reduction with Complete Muscle Coverage (BLAR with CMC) is completely different than the traditional breast lift. It was developed by Joseph Cruise, M.D., board certified plastic surgeon, for the sole purpose of stabilizing breast implants for both breast augmentations and breast lifts. His goal was to prevent implants from sliding down and outward over time which is very common. The reason is that the breast tissues are often not capable of holding implants over time or after the stretching that occurs with pregnancy. This is why many women feel like they have lost much of their upper breast fullness, their cleavage has widen, or that their implants have deflated. What it evolved into was far more than could have been anticipated and has lead to such predictable, youthful, long lasting results that Dr. Cruise decided to devote his career to it. It even has advantages in reducing the risk of breast cancer in high risk patients. Its advantages are so significant that he feels it is likely to become the standard. The biggest draw back is that the procedure does have a steeper learning curve than the traditional method. To overcome this learning curve, much of the information presented in this site is what Dr. Cruise uses during his lecturing engagements on the topic. For those who truly only want the Reader’s Digest version we will: 1) Outline the Advantages of both Breast-Lift and the standard breast lift. 2) Describe the two fundamental differences that allow it to provide predictable, long lasting, youthful, and uniquely customizable. 3) Outline our dedicated phone/computer application designed by Dr. Cruise/Breast-Lift that you will find indispensable. It shows you everything you need to know as you are going through the process; including examples the the entire healing process of others similar to you that have gone through the exact same procedure. In short, it makes sure nothing is overlooked and that you are completely prepared. 4) Dr. Cruises elite credentials/reputation 5) Numerous before and after photos – Notice how Breast-Lift is able to customize the results; creating perky upper breast fullness or a softer look all dependent on what the patient wants. This customization is only possible with breast sculpting. For those who want to know everything in detail; please join us in the other sections of the BreastLift.com which elaborates of why Breast-Lift has take every measure to provide the absolute best result on the procedure that is arguably know as the most difficult procedure in all of cosmetic plastic surgery. 1) Advantages of both standard breast lift and Breast-Lift Standard breast lift Breast-Lift 2) Fundamental differences of Breast-Lift Breast sculpting Complete muscle coverage (Breast Lift/Augmentation/Reduction with Complete Muscle Coverage – BLAR with CMC) 3) My Breast Guide 4) Dr. Cruise’s elite credentials/reputation 5) Numerous before and after photos - Notice how Breast-Lift is able to customize the results; creating perky upper breast fullness or a softer look all dependent on what the patient wants. This customization is only possible with breast sculpting. For those who want to know everything in detail; please join us in the other sections of the BreastLift.com which elaborates of why Breast-Lift has take every measure to provide the absolute best result on the procedure that is arguably know as the most difficult procedure in all of cosmetic plastic surgery. Breast tissue sculpting to create optimal skin envelope
1) Partial muscle coverage vs Complete muscle coverage
Of course, surgical techniques are only as good as the surgeon who applies them. This is where the advantage of specialization comes in. Our extensive experience has allowed us to develop every aspect of the surgical journey in a state-of-the-art fashion. This includes high level patient education, highly knowledgeable staff, concierge service delivered in a beautiful yet comfortable environment, and of course optimal results. To make it as simple (yet advanced and transparent) we have developed our own proprietary breast lift management software that shows all your necessary paperwork, appointments, instructions, follow up summaries, as well as examples of what to expect as you go through the process. These are refinements that go far beyond standard breast lift treatment but are necessary to achieve desired results. Example of timeline OR example of breast lift progress photos Elite Credentials/Reputation Abundance of great Before and After photos
Mommy Beautiful vs Traditional breast lifts: What’s the difference?
Breast Sculpting – why it works
Any major advancement in surgery begins with a need. Early in his career, Dr. Cruise utilized the same traditional breast lift that is commonly performed today. The results, however, were unpredictable and complications such as poor scarring, implants bottoming out or sliding toward the arm pit, rippling, significant asymmetry, persistent sagging, enlarged areolas, wide cleavage, etc. were unacceptably high. To be fair, breast lift with implants is often considered the most complicated cosmetic procedure in plastic surgery. This is why plastic surgeons will go to great lengths to treat breast sag with implants alone even though it may not be the best solution. Still, there had to be a better way; one that would provide consistently good results. More importantly, one that would allow the patient and surgeon to have more control over the various aspects of the breast appearance. Such a technique would need to optimize both the breast tissue and the implant to predictably achieve whatever look the patient wants. One that would achieve optimal, long lasting results with good incisions. Outlined below is the why and how breast sculpting was developed and how it has evolved to achieve exactly these objectives.
Summary by Dr. Cruise
Best results begin with smaller breasts Why is it that the best breast lift results come from smaller breasted woman? If you look at the before and after photos of most plastic surgeons you will notice that majority of the examples are of smaller breasted women . There a very few examples of large breasted women. Why is this; especially considering that larger breasted women have a much greater need for breast lifting? The reason is traditional breast lift techniques are very limited with treating excess breast tissue. Therefore, its can only produce ideal results when there is little excess breast tissue. Women with C cup or greater breasts will often still have persistent sag, low hanging breasts, and not achieve the upper breast fullness that inspired them to have the lift in the first place.
1,2) Show good Front and Lateral B/A example of small breasted woman with very natural but sexy size. Then right below show
3,4) Average example of Front and Lateral B/A of large breasted woman with breasts elongated from implants high and tissue low. Lateral should show persistant sag. Front view should show elongated breasts. Breast lifting in smaller breasted woman will achieve a more youthful look because their breast tissue is the right thickness to allow itself to wrap around the implant and create the desired youthful, natural lower breast rounding. Thicker breast tissue will not allow this. Recognizing this, Dr. Cruise realized the only way to achieve predictably good results was to reduce and sculpt thick breast tissue down to ideal breast tissue. This is the foundation of breast sculpting. Breast sculpting allows patients to women to have greater control over their breast shape regardless of breast size.
Bill, all images should crop from Adams apple to belly button to show how implants in different positions affect overall appearance of upper chest and length of abdomen unless otherwise noted.
1) Lateral view – Show small breasted woman (1 cm of breast tissue at level of areola) without implant. Nipple at level of IMF facing slightly down ie 8 degrees downward. Breast tissue 3 cm below IMF.
2) Lateral view – Show same woman with implant. Breast tissue nicely located on top of implant. Nipple 5 cm above IMF. Breast tissue does not descend at all below IMF.
With breast sculpting, the shape of the the breasts is completely up to the patient. Very natural looks are achieved by smaller, lower profile implants. Wheareas, moderate and more dramatic looks are achieved by larger, higher profile implants. With traditional techniques, the shape of the breast is less controllable as it depends heavily on how much breast tissue there is and where it is located.
3) lateral view of same after image as 2) above but with more larger, more dramatic but not overdone to demonstrate womans choice of size. As straight forward as it seems, there were a few hurdles to cross to allow breast sculpting to occur; otherwise, traditional techniques would be doing it as well. The most significant hurdle seemed insurmountable. It involves implant support. Traditional techniques have no muscle coverage over the outer or lower part of the implant. Removing breast tissue over these areas would seriously compromise implant stability. Until this problem was solved, breast sculpting would have wait.
3a) Show front of 21)
3b) Show lateral of 21) First, lets look at the significant differences between the two techniques. 2) How standard breast lift techniques treats excess breast tissue Standard breast lift with implant techiques require that the majority of breast tissue must remain attached to the breast wall. This significantly limits the ability to sculpt the breast tissue as only a limited amount of breast tissue can be removed. Mommy Beautiful techniques make it possible to reduce and sculpt the breast tissue to achieve ideal tissue thickness and shape.
4) Show lateral of thick, large breast with nipple at IMF facing 8 degrees downward, 4 cm of breast descent, and breast thickness 7 cm at level of IMF but only 1 cm of breast tissue 5 cm above IMF. Highlight breast tissue at IMF and below in light red. This represents tissue that can be removed with standard breast lift techniques.
5) Show exact same image in 4) with same red highlighting below IMF but also red highlighing of deep breast tissue all the way up breast leaving an outer, non red, area of 2 cm thickness. This 2 cm thickness represents what Mommy Beautiful techniques accomplish and how it sculpts breasts closer to ideal breast thickness. This ideal thickness allows the breast tissue to smoothly wrap around the implant (or central breast tissue if no implant is used) to create a youthful perky lower breast. While breast sculpting is preferable with all breast sizes, its advantages become more evident with larger breasts.When not removed, excess breast tissue will look bulky and often have persisant sag. Traditional techniques that do not sculpt and reduce this tissue leave plastic surgeons with two options; neither is ideal. Since traditional breast lift techniques do not have the same ability to reduce and sculpt excess breast tissue, plastic surgeons have to decide what is the best way to handle this excess tissue. One way is to accept the thicker tissue and allow for some sag to persist. The problem with this is that the implant will sit higher on the chest and the breast tissue lower. This creates an elongated, maternal breast look.
6) Lateral view – Show image 4) with light red highlighting.
7) Lateral view – Show same woman with implant. Breast tissue sagging slightly with elongated look. Implant in correct position but thick breast tissue is 5-6cm thick over the lower 4 cm of the implant and 7 cm thick below nipple.
5) Front view – Show elongated look with implant high and breast tissue low in patient who had a lift. Over time, this excess tissue will continue to descend as part of the normal aging process. The other option is to close the breast tissue extremely tight to try and support the breast tissue upward. This creates less sag but leaves a “boxy” chopped out look. In addition, tight closures will ofter cause the vertical scar to widen which is the most noticeable scar on the breast.
6) Front view – Show after image of boxy breast lift. Preferably with a less than favorable scar. Sculpting the breast tissue allows the breast flaps to close without tension. This tension free closure allows for ideal incisions.
How Mommy Beautiful techniques treats excess breast tissue Mommy Beautiful, unlike traditional techniques, reduces and sculpts the breast tissue to its ideal size and shape. Then, wraps the carefully crafted breast tissue around the implant or central breast mound. This, in addition to the precise implant placement provided by complete muscle coverage, allows the surgeon to control breast shape and position not possible with standard techniques.
8) Lateral view – Show image 5) with red highlighting still in place.
9) Lateral view – Show image 5) with red highlighted tissue removed. Remaining tissue is wrap beautifully around implant leaving about 1.5 cm of breast tissue over bottom 4 cm of breast tissue. The nipple will have about 2.5 cm of tissue below it
7,8) Show great example of lateral and front B/A of a relatively large breasted woman with breast lift/Aug. Front should show lower breast rounding with implant and breast tissue clearly together with no elongation and very good scarring. Lateral view should show the lower part of the breast with no sag. Breast sculpting as a means to decrease the risk of breast cancer Breast reduction has been shown to decrease the risk of breast cancer by up to 80%. The beauty of breast sculpting as performed by Dr. Cruise is that it can be adjusted to leave as much or as little breast tissue as desired. Dr. Cruise developed this originally to allow the patient to have excellent control of her breast shape. However, removing almost all the breast tissue while still leaving the nipple as a means of decreasing the risk of breast cancer is an exciting extension of where breast sculpting is going. It is rare that an advancement of a procedure from a cosmetic standpoint can have benefits far more consequential. Note: Breast Sculpting is not meant to treat breast cancer. Women at high risk and very high risk need to see a breast cancer specialist who will determine your best plan of action. However, as you can see, breast sculpting can be adjusted to remove up to 90% of breast tissue. In the case of performing a free nipple graft over 95% of breast tissue can be removed yet still providing amazing looking breasts. In the typical non-high risk patient, slightly more breast tissue is left behind to achieve the absolute best results possible.
10) Take image 5) and leave only 1 cm of tissue instead of 2 cm.
One of the main reasons this is possible with Mommy Beautiful is the complete muscle coverage of the implant. This is explained in more detail below but covering the implant entirely with muscle provides a soft tissue that softens the appearance of the breast. This soft tissue coverage prevents the “over defined/bolt on” appearance that implants placed over the muscle can have. More importantly, complete muscle coverage provides the implant with significantly more support. This integration of breast sculpting with complete muscle support is the foundation of Mommy Beautiful. In our hands, it offers functional and cosmetic benefits not possible with traditional breast lifts. Complete muscle coverage is outlined in greater detail below.
11) Show front view of partial muscle covereage with pec major still attached to the 6th rib. 11a) Show front view of complete muscle coverage with muscles still attached to 6th rib. Traditional breast lift techniques do not utilize full muscle coverage or breast sculpting as a means of significant breast tissue reduction. “You don’t need a lift. We can get away with doing just an augmentation” This is the most common solution to sagging breasts in existence today! Many of the breast lifts that we see at Mommy Beautiful are actually are revisions. Revisions from breast augmentations that were supposed to take care of the sag. The reason is simple. Woman do not want the scars from a lift and surgeons do not spend the 4-5 hours it takes for them to perform a lift. They would much rather perform a straight forward breast augmentation which is often done in 1 hour. The problem with this logic is that this does not correct the sag. Once breast tissue falls more than 2 cm below the breast fold, the best solution is a lift. However, given the choice between breast sag and the scarring from standard breast lifts, many patients felt the lift was simply not worth it. It was this connundrum that led Dr. Cruise and ultimately Mommy Beautiful to develop and advance the breast sculpting technique with complete muscle coverage. A technique that creates the desired youthful breast appearance yet signficantly decreases the wide scarring and problems seen with traditional lifts.
12) Show lateral of moderate sized breast, no implant, breast sag 2-3 cm below IMF, nipple at IMF, and about 3-5 cm of breast tissue thickness at IMF. Show dotted line at the level 2 cm below IMF demonstrating the breast tissue is below 2 cm.
9) Show real image to match Bill Mings 10) above. Show lateral of moderate sized breast, no implant, breast sag 2-3 cm below IMF, nipple at IMF, and about 3-5 cm of breast tissue thickness at IMF. Show dotted line at the level 2 cm below IMF demonstrating the breast tissue is below 2 cm.
13)Lat view- No implant – Show lateral of moderate sized breast with nipple at IMF nipple facing 8 degrees down, 3 cm thickness of breast tissue at IMF, 4 cm of breast descent.
14) Lat view -Implant at 6th rib – Show 11) with implant in ideal position with complete muscle coverage (bottom of implant at bottom of 6th rib). Show nipple slightly higher but facing more downward i.e 15 degrees, 2.5 cm of breast sag but it hangs like a waterfall. The implant is clearly higher and separated from breast tissue below. Does not look good. Upper breast is slightly convex.
15)Lat view Implant 1 cm below 6th rib -Show 11) with implant 1 cm below bottom of 6th rib. Muscle gap uncovers 3 cm of implant. Nipple is 1 cm higher that 12) and is facing almost straight i.e 4 degrees downward, 1.5 cm of breast tissue sag which hangs a little but not too bad. The overall image shows a slight separation of implant and breast tissue but not bad. However, the upper breast area is more empty with 1 cm longer distance from clavicle to top of breast tissue-slight concavity and abdomen 1 cm shorter.
16) Lat view Implant 2 cm below 6th rib – Show 11) with implant 2 cm below bottom of 6th rib. Muscle gap uncovers implant to top of implant. Nipple is 2 cm higher than 12) and is facing straight (looks good), 0.5 cm of breast tissue sag which appears loose but does not hang. There is no separation of implant/breast tissue. The upper breast emptiness is more dramatic which is accentuated by the upper breast concavity. The abdomen length to BB is noticeably shorter. These images show that lowering the implant can correct breast sag; but this lowering comes at a cost. The breasts are not really lifted so that maternal, hanging feeling you have with breast sag actually is accentuated because now there is more volume in it. This is called a “rock in a sock” effect. In addition, lowering the implant requires releasing the supporting structures of the breast which can cause the implant to bottom out or slide into the arm pit. Clearly, placing the implant in its correct position and securing it so that it does not migrate over time is important. This leads us to the second fundamental technique of a Mommy Beautiful breast lift: Complete muscle coverage of the implant.
Complete Muscle Coverage – Why would you cover only part of the implant?
Early in the history of breast augmentation, implants were placed above the muscle. To plastic surgeons this location made sense. Natural breast tissue is located on top of the muscle so it stands to reason that this is also where the implant should go. However, it soon became apparant that above muscle placement commonly created thick scar tissue over the implants that made them severely distort and become painful. This is called capsular contracture and it was extremely common during this early period.
10) Show an old time picture of capsular contracture – Picture should look old to represent the 1970’s
17) Lat view of Ideal placement of implant above muscle. Implant on top of pec major – bottom of implant at bottom of 6th rib. Breast/Implant relationship is ideal. Breast looks good. Capsule is thin over implant.
18) Lat view of Capsular contracture above muscle. Show 17) with very thick capsule over implant. Implant has been pushed up so that Bottom of implant is at bottom of 5th rib. Upper breast is very round. Nipple facing downward about 30 degrees. What does “Below Muscle” mean? Technical advancement discovered that covering the implant with muscle significantly reduced the risk of developing capsular contracture. This was a major break-through. Instead of putting the implant above the pectoralis major muscle, plastic surgeons began putting it underneath. For reasons we still do not fully understand, placing the implant under muscle decreases capsular contracture. Below muscle coverage has become the standard technique utilized by the vast majority of plastic surgeons today.
19) Front view of showing only pec major coverage of implant with attachment to 6th rib. Does not show nipple or breast tissue. This highlights that below muscle coverage does not have any muscle coverage laterally. Below muscle, however, does not mean that the entire implant is below muscle. It only means that the implant is under the pec major muscle. Notice that the entire outer part of the implant remains uncovered. However, the problem with below muscle implant position is that the muscle attachment to the 6th rib acted like a barrier – preventing the implant from dropping into proper position.
20) Lat view of 19) with implant under pec major. Pec major is completely attached to entire 6th rib (from bottom to top of 6th rib). This causes the implant to be positioned too high with the nipple on the lower part of the breast mound and facing 8 degrees downward. Does not look right To allow proper positioning, it is necessary to cut through the muscle and other breast support structures to allow the bottom part of the implant to drop into position. This is known as “dual plane” implant placement. Dual plane is the most common implant placement currently used.
21) Lat view. Show 20) with the pec major
cut and the bottom of the implant at the bottom of the sixth rib. The muscle retracts up exposing 1/4 of the implant. (We will call this “ideal below muscle position”). Nipple now faces forward in good position. Breast looks good.
22) Show front version of 21) “ideal below muscle position”. Showing only about 40-50% of the implant covered. Put simply, dual plane means that the implant has two different types of coverage. The upper part of the implant is covered by both muscle and soft tissue (breast tissue and skin). The lower part of the implant, however, does not have muscle coverage; only breast tissue and skin are covering it. When the muscle is released it retracts upward. Notice how only about half of the implant is covered by muscle. The entire lower part and outer part of the implant only has skin or breast tissue to hold the implant in place. Ironically, these are the two areas that need the most implant support. Implant malposition is very common. This is particularly true in breast lift patients who, by definition, have breast tissue with weakened support. This lack of lateral support often causes the implant to migrate laterally particularly over time.
23) Show GIF of pec major flexing, causing the implant to push laterally. This causes a distinct gapping of the cleavage. In addition, the implants may migrate into the arm pit region which is uncomfortable when standing and quite upsetting when laying on the back.
11) Show image below of wide cleavage. The purpose of the muscle release, aka dual plane, is to allow the implant to drop into proper position. It has the additional advantage of correcting small amounts of breast sag. The problem, however, is that the support structures of the breast are connected to this lower part of the pectoralis major muscle. Thus, the release of the muscle will often weaken these support structures as well. This may cause the implant to drop more then desired over time or sometimes even right away. This is often referred to as “bottoming out.”
24) Show 21) with the bottom of the implant at the top of the 7th rib. The muscle retracts up exposing 2/3 of the implant. The bottom of the implant is only covered by skin.
25) Show from version of 23). Only 25% of implant covered. Bottoming out Breast implants that have bottomed out appear differently depending on the appearance of breast tissue and the degree of bottoming out. In general, bottoming out is never desirable as it represents implants that are no longer well supported. It means that the bottom of the implant is only covered by skin which often can be felt and may cause rippling that can be visable. Over time, skin only support may further give way causing more bottoming out or thinning of the skin. 12) Show lateral of women with BAM only (no lift) and bottoming out causing “double bubble”
13) Show example below on this page of low implant with empty upper chest
As outlined above, both patients and surgeons would much rather treat breast sag with an implant alone. For patients, this means less incisions. For surgeons, it means a much easier, and quicker procedure. This is why placing large implants low on the chest is a common treatment for breast sag. However, patients do not realize that when the implant is placed low on the chest this will cause a loss of upper breast fullness. Upper breast fullness is often a primary reason why breast lift patients have the procedure in the first place. Dr. Cruise noticed many of the negative side effects of “lowering the fold” and partial muscle coverage even in his own patients. Worst of all, correcting these problems is very difficult and unpredictable. This lack of predictability was frustrating; especially as Dr. Cruise was trying to figure out a way to sculpt breast tissue to allow patients to choose their breast shape. Precise breast sculpting is pointless if the unlying implant is out of place. There had to be a way, and it became his mission to find it. The first and most obvious place he researched was covering the outer part of the implant with muscle. He always felt the term “below muscle” implant coverage was a misnomer. It gave a false impression to patients and, to some extent, a false security to surgeons. Clearly, below muscle coverage was only half accurate at best. Why not cover the outer part with muscle? There are many muscles in the area. Why not use these? If partial muscle coverage was good wouldn’t complete muscle coverage be better? 26) Show 22) which shows only 40-50% implant coverage. 27) Show 11a with the muscles released from the 6th rib showing 2 cm of exposed implant at the 6 o’clock position but very little muscle retraction. This should expose about 10% of implant.
It certainly looks like complete muscle coverage is far and away the better choice. Why wouldn’t everyone use it?
The problem with complete muscle coverage is that it has a very steep learning curve. It absolutely requires that the surgeon has a precise knowledge of the muscle anatomy and can determine it using only his fingers. It requires elevating the lower 2/3 of the pec. minor, the serratus anterior from the 5th and 6th rib, and the small attachment of the external oblique using finger dissection alone. This elevation has to be precise, otherwise, the implant would be significantly out of position. Furthermore, the additional coverage means that the implants will take longer to drop. These additional muscles need to stretch.
28) Show implant covered only by pec minor, serratus anterior, and ext. oblique. Show each muscle shaded slightly different to differentiate. While Dr. Cruise’s desire to solve the many problems associated with implant position may have been enough inspire him to go through this learning curve, he saw something bigger. He saw, perhaps, the implant stability he needed to allow breast sculpting. He realized that if the implant could reliably be placed under complete muscle coverage, there would be no need for the breast tissue support. This meant that the breast tissue could be elevated and reduced. Moreso, it would provide the stability to achieve the breast tissue sculpting that he was looking for. This was truly a break though idea. But plastic surgery is very unforgiving. In addition, patients expect great results; especially when you are considered a specialist. After reviewing the anatomy in the lab, Dr. Cruise began elevating portions of the lateral muscles. He began with the lower 2/3 of the pec minor. While this did not provide complete muscle coverage, it did allow him to use the standard below muscle technique with changes that we small enough to allow him to position the implant accurately; like a stepping stone. Initially, achieving accurate implant placement was not as predictable as plastic surgeons like to be. This is the major reason why plastic surgeons are hesitant to learn complete muscle coverage. They are like anyone else and do not like to be out of their comfort zone. Quickly, Dr. Cruise learned how to judge the effects of pectoralis minor coverage. From there, he moved on to include the serratus anterior, and external oblique. This provided the complete muscle coverage he needed. Implant position accuracy improved quickly due to the amounts of implants Dr. Cruise utilizes. An unintended benefit of elevating all the muscles together as unit is that they actually are connected. The cover the implant as one continuous sheet which, in itself, has several important benefits. Not least of which is infection prevention and cancer screening. 29) Show front view of CMC 14) Show front view of OR image of CMC This integration of breast sculpting with complete muscle support is constantly evolving to apply it to more and more aspects of breast lifting and breast augmentation. Its value is undeniable. In our hands, it allows improved control over breast shape and position not possible with traditional techniques. I know we have spent quite a bit of time outlining how Mommy Beautiful has evolved as a procedure. However, the procedure is only part of the surgical journey. With this in mind, you will find that we have put just as much effort into all aspects as this is what it takes to achieve optimal results. Show Partial vs Complete muscle coverage
Add the positive Effects of Sculpting and complete muscle coverage with videos
VIDEO 4: Benefits of Full Muscle Coverage
- Implants appear larger as they higher they are on the chest wall. For example, a 300 cc implant placed in a complete submuscular pocket will look as large as a 400 cc traditionally placed lower implant. This allows you to use a smaller more shapely implant without the bulk of a larger implant. Show Jennifers 3 photos of implants at different heights and demonstrate how larger implants are necessary the lower they are placed.
- Having a smaller implant that is securely positioned completely under the muscle means the implant will not sway or swing as much as a traditional implant does or even the way natural breast tissue does. Having a slightly smaller implant well secured greatly helps with an active life style.
Positive effects of breast sculpting Imperceptable scar size, shape, feel, upper breast shape/definition, projection, etc Show same image above of 20 year old B cup and compare to D cup girl with mild sag 2. Complete muscle coverage. Traditional under the muscle techniques cover only a portion of the implant and will shift with time. They are prone to going into the arm pits or bottoming out.To truly stabilize the implant, Dr. Cruise developed a complete muscle coverage technique that provides long term support. Prevents bottoming out, migration into arm pit, rippling, makes saline implants excellent choices – no rippling. Implant position – 1) Controls upper chest fullness (or lack of emptiness), 2) cleavage, 3) side rounding, 4) abdomen length (having the implant properly located on the chest makes for a longer, slimmer abdomen). Show Jennifers side images of implants at different levels on chest Show Bill’s partial with dual plane vs full muscle coverage. Show GIF of Pec major pushing implant into arm pit Summary Advantages of LA breast lift vs traditional breast lift 1. Mommy Beautiful is specialized in breast lift and body contouring. Always prefer a specialist when possible. 2. The two state-of-the-art techniques outlined above. Volume reduction and complete muscle coverage. This allows for the precision seen below in TLIW 3. Reputation/Safety. Great reviews, Perfect safety record, dedicated patient care. (Need link to show timeline example) 4. High volume. Although not a guarantee, but high volume does lead to improved results 5. Minimal scarring – Incisions placed where necessary to create best result. Breast tissue reduction places less tension on incsions. 3 month taping. 6. Before/After photos. Compare our photos with others. Notice the more youthful, perky appearance with long, slimmer abdomen. No persistant sag or bulky, matronly look 7. Longevity – Even more impressive is the longevity we have seen. One, by removing the excess breast tissue we greatly reduce the chance of sag occurring in the future. Two, by placing the implant securely under full muscle coverage we have all but eliminated the very common movement problems seen in traditional lifts. These include bottoming out leaving the upper chest with no volume whatsoever or implants sliding apart leaving wide cleavage. Sometimes this movement is so significant that the implants slide near the arm pit especially when laying down. 8. Switch implants under local for minimal cost in first year if you feel another size/type of implant would be better. 9. Decreased pain as entire chest is numbed during procedure. Wears off in 1 day but does not come back strong. 10. By removing excess breast tissue, sag in the future is greatly reduced compared to traditional lift TLIW – This is a whole section in our dedicated breast lift software. It outlines choices that you have with LA breast lift 9. Size – Even more control. Do not need to go as large as perkiness comes faster and implants look bigger higher up. With fmc implants do not sway like a pendulum. 10. Cleavage. FMC insures implants do not migrate. Choice of cleavage even without large implant. 11. Upper chest fullness yet still slopy with long abdomen – side view of real B/A Notice, how properly positioned breasts that do not sag at all and create a dramatically longer, sexier abdomen. 12. Nipple position – Must create 13. Upper vs Lower breast fullness – must create. Going bigger solves both issues. 14. Side rounding 15. Removal of excess fat in axilla/breast roll – Get example My Medical Guide State of the art software specifically designed to make sure nothing is overlooked. Allow you to see what to expect. Covenience. Not find at other offices. 16 Figure out what it does. 17 18 Potential advantage. Not proven yet but by reducing breast tissue it would make one believe there is less change of breast cancer. Disadvantages Steep learning curve to figure out exactly how much tissue can safely be removed. How much sag can be treated. Takes longer for implants to drop. 2-4 months is not uncommon. With traditional lift, if the implants are in good position in 2 weeks you have to seriously be concerned about implant continuing to drop over time as this is common. Side rounding takes longer to come in. Can not go with as big of implant but implants higher up appear larger. I.e 400 cc implant high looks like a 600 cc implant low. See exchange policy, can increase size at later date under local for low cost. Better scarring, safer, more support. Gives time to make best decision. 4 – Before and After of revision person below
Video of woman saying she should have had it done sooner. Why did she wa Board certified plastic surgeon, Joseph Cruise, M.D., founder of Mommy Beautiful saw all these problems and developed techniques to minimize or eliminate these complications. He effectively has turned breast lift with augmentation into a procedure with highly predictably results and with a perfect safety record. His techniques are different than the traditional breast lift procedure and is explained in detail in “Advantages of Mommy Beautiful’s breast lifts.” They are different because they have to be to overcome all the concerns listed above. This difference is evident in our before and after photos. Compare and notice how Dr. Cruise is able to rejuvenate and shape the breast; eliminating sag and making the abdomen and torso appear long and sleek. For those who desire more lower breast fullness, this too can be accomplished but still eliminating the sag. Mommy Beautiful reads more like a journey than a web site This journey is the typical process that someone considering breast lift/augmentation would go through; beginning with the decision to even have the procedure and all the intense emotions behind it. Then, the research and investigating phase to find who is the best surgeon for you. From here we literally take you through your consult process; deciding which look is best for you and more importantly how to achieve this look. Finally, you can see what your post operative course will look like with examples of patients as they have progressed through their healing phase. Welcome to Mommy Beautiful. I hope the following pages give you hope and confidence that returning to your pregnancy body (and perhaps better) is safe and highly predictable.